Saturday, April 12, 2014

April 12 2014 - Boat Project Continues

Someone said cruising is all about moving from port to port to perform boat repairs?  Well I am exaggerating - Midnight Sun has performed exceptionally well to date, but the current boat project to a step backwards yesterday.  After re-assembling the transmission cable, everything looked good until I tried shifting and discovered the cable retainer had also broken in the pedestal.........[insert choice words and expletives].  So - Edson Marine, why would you make a cable retainer out of nylon?.....some significant Jerry rigging later (here's a photo in progress) I have a repair, but not sure if it will hold up.  I am in progress at adding a pipe clamp around the repair to strengthen it all.


So I am updating the blog while the third layer of epoxy sets up.

And for anyone that is interested, here is what the temporary repair looked like when finished.  I am pleased to report it seems to be working!!  I think Mr. Heath, Mr. Robinson, and even Jerry's Rigging company would be proud of this work!


  

Here are some photos from Highbourne Cay.....what a lovely place it is.
There are some amazing boats in here.......and I seem to have deleted the photos...but will get some more.

 The restaurant - "Xuma"
 
 Beach on the Ocean side
 
I found some of the photos of the nice and amazing boats here in Highbourne Cay.  Here they are.











No comments:

Post a Comment