Thursday, May 15, 2014

St. Petersburg

We arrived in St. Pete's on Tuesday and planned on staying a couple of nights.  Well we have been here a couple of nights and like it.  Which is a good thing as we have also had some thunderstorms come through.  I believe there is a mild cold front passing through the next couple of days - and while the winds are not too strong, I think we will just sit it out.

Yesterday, we looked at a boat - a new Cat.  And I am sure I will spell this wrong -  a Fontaine Pajot Lipari 40 ft Cat.  It was a nice boat - very sexy with cool LED lights etc.  But having slept on it I came to the conclusion that it was not  a boat I could get excited about.  Its too lightweight and does not have the "boat carpentry" I have come to love on our boat.  Its more of an IKEA boat.

Today, Salty had a good beach swim, then we had frozen yogurt - which is far more healthy than ice cream!  - especially when they serve "yoghound" for dogs!!

And by special request we had "psudo-Indian curry" at a "pseudo English Pub" last night followed by a pretty good Mex tonight.

We also found a wine bar!!

OK, that's not the wine bar - it was a roof top yuppy bar we found last night where I almost fell asleep in the gazebo that that supposedly had a $200 minimum - for that I would have spent the night!!

Well I think we are staying here a few more days - not a bad spot to hang!

No comments:

Post a Comment